I'm a planner. It's in my blood. I like to think about things and plan and have everything worked out. So...with that in mind, we have a few things planned for this year I'm so excited about.
First, my parents are coming to visit. I'm beyond excited actually!!! We love having company. My parents haven't been since last June which is a really long time for them, but they more than made up for it was 5 or 6 visits while Dan was deployed. They are going to drive their motor home up so we've been making calls to find someplace for them to dry store it while they are here staying with us. We've found 2 definite possibilities so they are making their plans rather than buying plane tickets. They are also going to get to be here for a flexible two or three weeks because they can bring their cats in the motor home. I told Zac last night that his cousins are coming to visit. He twitched a whisker, but that was the extent of his reaction. The kids aren't going to be so thrilled when I tell them mean old Sebastian is coming to visit, but I can't wait. I hope he'll let me cuddle him. He seemed to have forgotten me at Christmas.
While they are here, we have two things to plan. The first is a visit to the "Sweetest Place on Earth" to camp and play. That's Hershey Park encase you didn't know. The plan right now is to let the kids sleep in the motor home and Dan and I will sleep in our tent. It's a 37' motor home. I know we could all squeeze in. It just doesn't sound fun, though. I'm looking forward to camping again especially since we can cook in style and save a little money on restaurants. It's going to be a great weekend.
Dan and I are also planning on getting away for one or two nights to Berkeley Springs, West Virginia for our anniversary (14 years!). It sounds like the perfect place. We can hike, relax and enjoy the hot springs. After 2 days with the kids, my parents might need to plan a stop there on their way home :p.
In the fall, we are hoping (keep your fingers crossed) that Dan's schedule will allow for us to take a trip to Disney again. I'm putting away part of our tax refund just encase. My parents want to come and camp along as well. Anyone else want to meet us down there??? Caden did not enjoy it when he was 3, but I think now he would eat it up and be so entranced with all the magic that is Disney. And of course, the girls are ready for all the fairy tales and fun.
Let's see, what else...if it's warm enough around spring break, we'd love to plan a camping trip to the beach over Allie's birthday. We could take our bikes and have a ball. The kids also really want to go back to Wolfe Lodge...maybe early December?
And in the middle of all that fun, we are still thinking about selling our house this summer as things pick up and moving into a rental. It makes so much sense on so many levels, but the though of moving ourselves...that doesn't excite me.
I guess I could meet you at Disney! : ) Wink WINK! I am there and can't wait to see you guys!!
ReplyDelete