Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rock-a-bye Baby

In an attempt for peace tonight, I decided to do something I haven't done in a very long time. I rocked Jaelyn to sleep. It only took about 20 minutes to get her really relaxed before putting her in bed. I don't know how long or how often I'll continue it, but tonight was really good for me. She makes me so mad sometimes and it's hard to let go of that when she can turn her emotions on and off so easily. Watching her all relaxed and nestled in my arms, she looked like a peaceful angel. I think she and I need more time like that...when I can put all of my upset and angry feelings aside and just marvel in what a little miracle she is and how thankful I am to be her mom.

Of course, she either wasn't asleep or woke up because she's crying at me now (40 minutes later), but it's a start. At least Allie and Caden went to sleep without listening to her scream.

1 comment:

  1. i think the rocking is just precious!!
    keep it up super mama!

    ReplyDelete