I started feeling bad on Friday. I even took a nap Friday afternoon and that's something I never do. By Saturday, I felt like I'd been hit be a truck. Every joint and muscle in my body ached. My throat hurt so bad I could hardly talk. I do pretty well on my own until I'm sick and then everything falls apart. I hate asking for help so I was determined to make it until Monday to go to the doctor even though I was pretty sure I had strep. Sunday morning, I couldn't take it another minute and called our friends Chris and Angie to see if Chris would come watch the kids will I went to the ER. Thank you Chris!!!! I got right in, they started an IV for fluids and did a strep culture. The first one came back negative so the doctor ordered a CT scan of my throat looking for an abscess. That was negative as well. I been there about 3 1/2 hours when I asked the nurse if she'd do a second strep culture since the first nurse was concerned she hadn't gotten it back far enough. After gagging me and getting all the way to the back of my throat, the second strep culture came back positive. I've been on antibiotics for 24 hours now and it feels so good to not hurt all over. I still feel bad and my throat hurts. My goals for today are to get clothes washed (the girls have run out of dresses) and get the dishes done (I've run out of bowls for ice cream). Other than those 2 things, I plan to lay on the couch all day and rest.
Jaelyn deserves big praises for being a wonderful helper to me. We haven't had one explosion. She taken care of the other kids, fixing them waffles and playing games with them. We've gone through a huge box of waffles this weekend. I think that's all the kids have eaten. She's also worked as my translator. It hurts to move my tongue when I talk so it's been hard to understand me. She has patiently listened, read the notes I've written and interpreted my hand signals. She even told me "It's okay, mommy. You dont' have to rock me to sleep tonight" last night at bedtime and I didn't. I think I was asleep before the kids last night.
Sweet girl! Praise God that Jaylen was so willing to help take care of you & her siblings!
ReplyDeletePraying that you are feeling even better today!
julie