Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Hershey, PA - Day 1

We had a wonderful time in Hershey. We drove up on a cold but dry Friday after lunch. After checking into Hershey Lodge, we started our exploring at the gardens. The gardens are near the fancy Hotel Hershey on top of a big, windy hill. My goodness...it was so cold and windy, but we persevered and saw all the late winter, early spring flowers. I would love to go back this summer if it were closer.

I know we shouldn't have let the kids climb on the statue, but no one was around to see. So if know one sees, did they really do it - I guess so since I took a picture.

The gardens had several fun things to climb on like this pig. Hold on tight, Caden.The kids are too big for a stroller normally, but our jogging stroller came in very handy on this trip.Jaelyn smelling the hyacinths. Everyone agreed that they were stinky, but I still think they are beautiful.I took several "plant" pictures, and this is by far my favorite.

After the gardens, we drove to Chocolate World at the entrance to Hershey Park. It's mainly a gift shop with a (INDOOR) ride that's a faux factory tour of how Hershey makes their chocolate. Indoor was good because we were freezing after the gardens.

For dinner, I fed the kids peanut butter and jelly in the room (cheapskate mom brought stuff from home) and then took them swimming in the way over crowded pool while Dan went to Hershey's Chocolate Spa for the massage I booked him. After swimming, we put on PJs and headed to craft time. The Lodge was very organized and had lots of fun activities planned for the entire weekend. This night's project with decorating egg shaped sugar cookies with Hershey goodness (kisses, twizzlers, malted milk balls, reeses pieces, etc.). I was in chocolate heaven the entire time we were there, starting with the 5 Hershey bars they gave us when we checked in and continuing through last night with the Hershey's Bliss Dan brought home and left for me to eat.

The night ended with Dan coming back relaxed to sleeping children carrying a present...an appointment at the spa for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment