Pages

Monday, April 20, 2009

Hershey, PA - Day 2

I had been looking at the weather forecast with dread the week before our trip and just as predicted we woke up to rain on Saturday morning. Yuck. We had a nice buffet breakfast at the Lodge and met several characters. Caden wasn't shy around the Hershey's characters like he was at Disney in September. He's grown up a lot in the last 6 months.Since it was raining and we had free tickets, we went to the Hershey Story. It is a museum that shares Milton Hershey's story and the building of his company and his town. It wasn't too kid friendly, but I really enjoyed it and would have loved time there without kids. Milton Hershey was an incredible man.

We had nothing else to do that was indoor so we went back to the hotel. Dan took the kids swimming while I sat in the hotel room and sulked. I bought rain ponchos...I wanted to go to the park. About 1:30, Dan declared the rain had passed enough for us to go (this is after I watched the weather report and told him the front had moved on and it was clearing up :p). We were so excited. We studied and the map and determined we should start on the rollercoaster the girls and Caden were big enough to ride. We weren't totally sure if Caden would ride or not, but he was a brave little man and LOVED it.

Leaving the station and going down the first hill...
Look, Mom, no hands!
Dan and Caden on his second ride. Of the 2 days we were there, I think we rode this ride 4 times.

We rode a few other rides and wandered in some shops so the kids could spend their money before heading back to the hotel so I could get to my spa appointment. I had a facial that was wonderful. The spa itself was nice, but not what I'm used to from my favorite place on earth, Serenity by the Sea in Destin.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly,
    It looks like you had a WONDERFUL time in Hershey!! Zach and Ian love the trailblazer too! :) It was fun seeing your pictures!! Hope the next few months FLY by!!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete