Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2009

2 Wheels in Training

I tried Allie without training wheels at the end of last summer. B-A-D idea. She had NO balance whatsoever. We decided to give her until this summer. Recently, she mentioned she'd learn how to ride her bike after she turned 6. Well, 6 has come and gone and little Allie is mobile on 2 wheels now! In about 3 hours spread over a few days, Allie has gotten her balance and can ride in a straight line. Now, don't ask her to turn a corner or stop because she's not there yet. As an example, we were riding around their school this weekend. Allie was heading straight for a bench. I was yelling "Allie, turn, stop, turn, stop." Sweet Allie just ran straight into the bench and nearly sent herself flying off the bike. The only hiccup in learning to ride has been her distraction level. She's VERY distractable. On Friday, we were at the school when the YMCA after school program came out to play. Allie was pedaling her bike, looking sideways and waving at her friend A with only 1 hand on the handle bars. Oy! Do you think since I've taught them how to ride bikes, Dan can teach them how to drive a car? I don't mind being in the passenger seat with Jae, but Allie scares me just a tad!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment