Last week was hard. Jaelyn really struggled and it came out in tantrums, massive explosions, and trouble sleeping. It didn't help my mood that it was gray and rainy most of the week. I'm a flake and messed up an appointment with her counselor (wrote it on the wrong day on the calendar), but she was wonderful to rescheduled it for Friday afternoon. Dr. W agrees with me that Dan's leaving has unearthed all of her loss/abandonment fears and the sleep issue is probably being causes by heightened anxiety levels. It's going to take a few weeks to even out. She had been doing really well. The explosions were coming less often and the duration was lessening. I've ordered a homeopathic calming medicine made by the same company that made the teething tablets I gave Caden to see if that'll help her relax at night. Her brain just won't turn off. Some nights, she would lay in bed for literally hours crying that she was tired.
The sun came out towards the end of the week which makes such a difference for our moods. We were able to get out and play. This weekend was beautiful. It was 60 on Thursday, 70 on Friday and mid to high 80s over the weekend. It's quite an adjustment to the system to skip spring, but I love the warm weather. The kids played outside most of the weekend. We had our picnic at Jerusalem Mill on Saturday and then hung out in the backyard the rest of the time. I was sort of bad and filled the kids up with treats. Saturday, we had ice cream sundaes for a treat and Sunday, I baked cookies and we made ice cream sandwiches. I haven't done that since I was a kid. Yummy!!!!
The only downside of our weekend is that Allie felt bad. She was snippy and rude earlier in the week and I attributed it to Dan leaving, but it might have just been her feeling bad. She suffered through a bad cold and cough this weekend. She seemed better this morning and her nose is clear so I sent her to school. Fingers are crossed that they don't send her home.
Oh...and the best part of the weekend by far was the time we spent webcamming with Dan. They must have worked on his Internet connection while he was here because it's faster now. We were able to see him for the first time since he deployed in real time with no delays. It was so awesome to be able to talk to him, see him, hear his voice and not just have to type back and forth. Communication has been really horrible this time around so it's a real blessing to have the ability to video conference.
Isn't is amazing how much difference the weather can make! Praying that Allie recovers quickly too.
ReplyDeletesorry to hear about the tantrums and snippyness, but happy to hear you can webcam with Dan! That was the worst for us, not having a good internet connection. And yay for warm weather!!
ReplyDelete