Pages

Monday, April 6, 2009

Allie's 6th Birthday

Happy birthday, baby girl! How is it possible that she is 6? She woke up this morning wanting her "birthday dress" and "birthday hat." Silly girl!

I think back to the 6 month old baby she was when we first met her. She cried and cried that first day and I prayed to God to let me see something other than a crying baby who was upset by everything. I was so worried there was something wrong medically/developmentally with her. God heard me and our second day with her, she was a happy go-lucky little baby. So sweet. Those two days gave us a good pictures of Allie's personality. She's emotional. She really feels things and shares it with the world. Just the other day we were watching Chestnut which is a movie about 2 sisters who get adopted from a children's home and smuggle their puppy to their new house. The puppy saves the day, but gets hurt towards the end (he heals and is okay). It was the beginning of the movie and Allie was sitting there crying with tears running down her face for Chestnut because she knew he was going to get hurt. She used to cry for Elmo and his blanket (blankie) in the same way when she watched Elmo in Grouchland as a toddler.

Allie is a happy little girl. She loves school and is learning so much. I can't believe how well she is reading. She is still a little too "into" boys for my taste. I can't wait till she hits the "boys have coodies" stage. Alex is her current beau. He's in another class, but she gets to play with him at recess. He plays capture with the other boys and always captures Allie. She is constantly drawing pictures of the two of them and writing "Allie loves Alex" and "Alex loves Allie" on them. I'm not looking forward to 16 when she's really into boys.

Allie decided sometime after Dan left for Iraq that she wanted him to bake her a blueberry pie for her birthday. We have no idea where that came from. I'm pretty sure she's never had a blueberry pie. Currently, the blueberry pie is bubbling in the oven. We didn't make it (Sara Lee does it so much better than we ever could), but Allie did help Dan get it ready to bake.
Later, we'll have pie and open presents. I've already let her open one - a rag doll from Caden and Jaelyn that she's named Sally Ann.


So you can see how big Allie has gotten... She's a good inch taller than Jaelyn now.



4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Allie! Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Big Girl Allie!!!

    So great to catch up on your pictures and to see the whole family together. When do you go to Hershey???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday Allie! Have an amazing day!!!

    ReplyDelete