Pages

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 1 - Travel Day

I was so excited to wake up this morning and tell the kids about our trip. I actually thought they had a clue because we've been talking about it a lot. Last night, at bedtime, I asked all the kids to think about what we should do for Dan's birthday. Allie actually told me we should go to Disney. She quickly changed her mind though and decided on putt putt golf. I packed our bags on Wednesday night so all we had to do was get dressed, have breakfast and go. Our flights were good and we made it to our hotel around dinnertime. We ate at the pub at Shades of Green (the military resort) and then let the kids swim before tucking everyone in to bed in preparation for our first big day.

4 comments:

  1. that video is priceless! What good kids to get all excited when you told them you weren't getting the excitement you expected!
    If someone surprised me with Disney trip I'd be a little stunned too.
    Can't wait to see how the rest of the trip went.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly, We are at Books-a-million using the internet. It was fun to catch up on your site. I watched the video with no sound. Lou's somewhere in the store and I don't know how to turn on the speakers. Without speakers, it was enough to motivate me to look at Delta.com again. Guess what? The tickets are down again. I'm booking today. Talk to you soon. Hug the kids for me. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun! What a cool way to document it Kelly! I wish I had done that too. We just took a picture when we told our kids. :( Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HILARIOUS!!! What a fun way to surprise them!! A GREAT memory!!

    Jen (Choosing Joy)

    ReplyDelete