Pages

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Little Things

Do you have anything in your house that just bugs you? With some things, after awhile, you get used to them and don't see the flaws anymore. Well, I have had something that's bugged me for 18 months....this cord. We have 2 cable jacks on our first floor: one in the living room and one of the wall above the kitchen counter. I think the kitchen is an odd place to have a cable jack, but then again, maybe I'm odd and people like having TVs in the kitchens. Anyway, we have our modem and router on a cabinet on the other side of this wall so we wrapped the cord around the wall rather than putting the modem and accompanying cords on the counter. I HATE it. It's bugged me since we first did it. Last week, I had a "duh" moment. We have cable in that wall, why not just move the cable. Of course, Dan tells me he would have done it if he'd known it bugged me. Apparently, I've kept my annoyance to myself. So while he was doing something else, I decide to investigate. I didn't want to go to the trouble of buying a new connectors, a splitter and whatever tools we'd need to split the cable. We don't really need cable in the kitchen. Dan got me the biggest drill bit we own and I drilled a hole through the back of the cable box and the wall behind it. We unplugged the cable from the cover, stuck it out the back through the hole and presto, no more cables running around the wall. I'm such a happy camper when I walk into my kitchen now! Look, no cord!

2 comments:

  1. The cable man would say you go girl and of course "Get R Done"

    G U C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You could also go one step further (sorry for putting ideas in your head!) and take the cable plate off the wall, patch and repaint that section so you can't even tell a cable connection was ever there! :) Then again, I'm another self-proclaimed perfectionist!

    ~HP Sister snorr

    ReplyDelete