Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Favorite Sound of Fall

I love fall. My favorite thing has to be the sound of the dried leaves as I crunch them under my feet. In the next month, I'll find myself going off the sidewalk often so I can walk on leaves piled in the grass. I don't know exactly what it is about the sound that makes me happy, but I feel satisfied as I hear that lovely crackle. We went to Edan Mill Nature Center today to hike on the trails. It's the first time we've been there and we really enjoyed it. The leaves are just beginning to turn so the hills were filled with bright yellow, red and orange leaves. I was able to crunch my first leaves of fall and the kids had fun running in the cool air, hunting for the perfect hiking stick (aka sword for Caden). Along with our hike, the kids got to throw a few things in the creek. We almost had an incident. Caden walked through the tall grass to get to the creek. I caught him just in time. One more step in the grass that was overhanging the creek and he would have been in it. Dan says he wouldn't have gotten wet. He would have thrown me in after Caden to fish him out. Not nice. The girls even managed to find a hill to roll down while giggling wildly at each other. Another of my favorite sounds of fall...giggling!

1 comment: