Pages

Friday, October 3, 2008

Day 3 - Sea World

Sea World is one of my favorite parks. I was really looking forward to watching the shows through the kids' eyes. But before we could get to any shows, we headed straight for the Kraken so Dan and I could have some fun. It's been a long time since I've been anywhere with a rollercoaster and let me tell you, the Kraken was a ROLLERCOASTER. Oh my word. It was awesome. I only rode it once, but Dan went back for a second ride in the front row. After we'd gotten our dose of grown-up fun, we headed to the kid stuff. We saw pengiun and polar bears, sea lions and sharks.

We went to all the major shows: Shamu, the Whale and Dolphin Show, Clyde the Sea Lion and Pirate Island and Pet's Ahoy. Believe, the killer whale show was unbelievable. I remember wanting to be a dolphin trainer after my first trip to Sea World when I was little. I still think it would be one of the coolest jobs in the world.

Sea World has a kids' play area called Shamu's Happy Harbor. We had a lot of fun there. I took the girls on their second rollercoaster of our vacation - twice. Next, we climbed through a net and tube structure. Dan was up there with Caden when the girls and I went looking for them after the roller coaster. I had NO intention of following them through, but the kids took off and I had no idea where they would end up. We had to crawl after them like little tunnel rats. It was actually kind of fun!

We had to stay at Sea World until 6 so it was another pretty long day. Dan gave in and gave Allie a ride for a bit.

Bye Bye, Shamu!!!





I just want to say one more thing about Sea World. Lots of places offer military discounts. We've encountered some that are so pathetic and limited that it's almost disrespectful and would be better if they didn't bother. I give a big thumbs up to Sea World and Busch Gardens for their "Salute to the Heroes" program. Not only do they offer 4 free tickets per military family (huge), but they also have a tribute to the military as part of their Believe (Shamu) show and ask military members and their families to stand up and be recognized. I know lots of people and places say they support the military...I love seeing some place that actually puts it into practice...kind of walks the walk along with talking the talk!!!

2 comments:

  1. I cry EVERYTIME they ask the service members and their familes to stand, and I have probably seen Believe 10 times over the 3 years in San Antonio. We LOVE Sea World. :) Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that Sea World does that! It was so awesome to see when my dh got back from Bahrain last year.

    ReplyDelete