Monday, October 20, 2008
The Coat Fight
It's barely getting cold here and the fight with Jaelyn to wear a coat has begun. I'm not talking little fight, I'm talking major 30 minute tantrums. It is 40 degrees out this morning and she was wearing capri pants and a long sleeve shirt. I let the capri pants go because I still need to go pants shopping for her. All of the girls' long pants are too big in the waist for Jaelyn and slide right off her hips. Not wearing a coat or sweater or light jacket, however, is not going to slide. I've tried doing the love or logic thing of "you have to bring a coat. Do you want to carry it or wear it?" That still elicits stomping and wailing. She has 3-4 light weight sweaters and 2 medium weight jackets to choose from. Any ideas on how to get Jaelyn to wear a jacket without the meltdown that inevitably ensues?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No clue! Do you have any ideas on how to help Simeon have a better attitude?
ReplyDelete