Kelly, I've finally settled down long enough to finish my notes from our trip to your house. After reading the events at your house recently though, I think maybe our week was not as eventful as I thought. It was probably just a normal week.
These are just a few things that I forgot to tell you.
Each night I let the kids rotate who said the blessing first. On the night that it was Allie's turn to be first, I guess she wasn't fast enough and Jaelyn jumped in first. To get Allie to calm down I told her to just say two blessings which she did. The next night when Jaelyn was first she hadn't forgotten the double blessing so I think you could say she had a triple blessing. For a moment, I wasn't sure we were going to get to eat.
Monday night after you got home Caden was still thanking God for bringing back his Mommy and Daddy. What a sweetheart!!
I forgot to tell you that the day Allie and Caden were so wild before bed I had fed them brownies at Chic-fil-a. I didn't think they put that much sugar in them!!!
The first time I picked up Allie at school, as I went in the door way down the hall, I saw her class walking back to her classroom. All of a sudden in a very loud voice, I heard "Baba, there's my Baba. There's nothing quite like the excitement in a child's voice.
Jaelyn got green lights all week!! I knew she could do it.
When we went to IKEA the first time, Caden insisted on wearing his hiking boots so he could be tall enough to get in the play area. They made him take them off but he was tall enough anyway.
I guess I was so tired to describe the carnival to you the first time I wrote about it. It really was fun. The kids started off by getting something painted on their arm. Jaelyn got a horse, Allie got a flower, and Caden got a chocolate ice cream. Our next stop was the tatoo table. Jaelyn got a big cat, caden got a purple cartoon animal (?), and Alllie got a butterfly. At the third table they all made bracelets out of beads. The forth stop was golf. The girls got tickets (to spend later) for trying but little brother Caden stepped up to get a hole in one. He got a stuffed animal. At the fifth booth, the kids got four chances using a very heavy mallet to send about five inch long bugs flying through the air into the mouth of a frog. Unfortunately no one was able to feed the frog so they all got tickets for later. The next booth was rolling golf ball into slots and trying to get twenty one. Allie and Jaelyn tried and both got tickets for later. With me holding Caden up so he could play, he rolled his five balls and guess what. He got twenty-one!! He walked off another stuffed animal. The last booth that we went to was a ring toss and pencil pull. All three kids got their rings over a stuffed animal. All three got prizes. The pencil pull was pretty easy. Hand over a ticket and pull a pencil. It as a lot of fun for only ten dollars. As we left the carnival, we cashed in our tickets for later for little prizes and then we took time to let the kids play on the jungle gym. We learned that no one is quite ready for the monkey bars yet!! Hanging in mid air is no fun.
Caden got the bruise under his chin when he flew from the couch to the ottoman. Is he allowed to do that?
Allie got the knot on her forhead when she ran into your bedroom door. She had a long morning and I had just gotten her calmed down when she turned to leave the room and ran straight into the door. She's your murphys law child for sure. When we went to Target, she touched a night gown and it literally jumped off the hanger. If it's going to happen, it seemed to always happen to Allie.
Taking the kids to see Nim's Island at the movies after you got home was fun. We really enjoyed the movie but I think the kids enjoyed the popcorn the most.
Finally that last trip to Ikea was great. I love that you can eat, have babysitting and shop all in one place. There's no doubt that Ikea helped us to fill up that third suitcase that then cost us $25 to bring back.
We're looking forward to all of you being here for a couple of weeks this summer. Our big adventure will be camping at Wales West. We're looking forward to taking the kids on the train around the park, watching the fireworks, cooking out, swinging in our new hammock, swimming, working puzzles, playing board games and just being together.
Kelly, I'm glad to know you've forgiven me for forgetting you in High School. Since you forgot Jaelyn in elementary school and I forgot you in high school, do you think your brain is going faster than mine?
The next time you hear from me will be at the Adventures of the Traveling Lake House. When I have time, I'll be entering my journal since we got our motorhome in 2006 and then I'll make entries about our trips and maybe other things that seem important to me.
To everyone reading this - I hope I get to meet you one day if you're a friend of Kelly!! I already know a lot about many of you! All good of course.
Great Job, Mom!!!
ReplyDelete