I love making pretzels with the kids. We made them last night - well, I actually made them because we had a friend over and they were having too much fun playing. Here's my recipe from Highlights...
Highlight's Easy Pretzel Recipe
Prehead over to 400F.
Spray a cookie sheet with vegetable oil.
1. Sprinkle a package of yeast into 3/4 c of WARM water. Add a tbsp of sugar and stir. Let stand until mixture foams.
2. Put 2 C of flour and 1/2 tsp of coarse salt into a bowl. Add the yeast mixture and stir.
3. Sprinkle flour on the counter and knead the dough until it's smooth.
4. Roll pieces of dough into ropes and make fun shapes.
5. Beat an egg with a fork.
6. Brush pretzels with the egg and sprinkle with coarse salt.
7. Ask an adult to put the pretzels in the oven. Bake for 15 minutes or until light brown.
I normally put salt on half and put cinnamon sugar on the other half. I can't decide which I like the best so I eat way too many of both!
No comments:
Post a Comment