I had no plans to share this. It wasn't feeling very funny yesterday, but today I'm able to laugh about it. Yesterday was a bad morning. You know those mornings, the kind that you crawl right back into bed and hide from. That's not really possible with three kids. So anyway, it was just bad. I yelled all morning. At one point, I actually told the kids they couldn't use the word "mommy" or any form of it the rest of the day. If they want to talk to me, just talk, no need to scream mommy 10 times at me while coming up the stairs. I was horrible, I tell you and I had no control.
Not only is it the stress of getting everything ready to go off and the stress of actually going off so far away and leaving the kids, but I got my hair cut 2 nights ago. I wasn't crazy about it that night, but decided it would be better when I fixed it. Wrong. I took the same picture I always take. She left the layers really long in the front and then thinned the bottom (more on 1 side) so it just looked like straw with spiky ends. With bad hair day motivation and parenting frustration, I got out my scissors and took out what I hadn't taken out on my kids on my hair. You should have seen the hair in my trash can. I mean, I've trimmed my banges before, but this was totally different. I had a small rabbit worth of hair in my trash can. I cut a LOT. Anyone ever done that? I did manage to get it together yesterday and apologized to all the kids and let them call me Mommy again.
I've made a list and started working down it. Somehow having my house in order always calms the chaos in my brain; so that was the goal for yesterday. House picked up, check. Mother's Day presents in the mail, check. Allie and Caden's bloodwork drawn for their physicals, check, check. Yard cut, check. I've got most done except cleaning my bathroom and the spare bedroom.
The most important thing though is I went to Great Clips today and spent $12 to fix my $40 bad haircut. It was horrible to go and admit what I had done - I've never been so out of control in my life, literally. The funny part is the sections that I cut didn't require much trimming. It was the rest that was really out of wack. I am in love with my cute, sassy haircut this afternoon. It was very easy to fix and didn't require tears or snipping from the scissors. Why didn't I think of that yesterday???
No comments:
Post a Comment