Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Mama's Boy and the Price of Exercise

Thursday was the first day I was able to get back to the gym last week. I was concerned about Caden wanting to go into the childcare after our trip and leaving him with a babysitter Wednesday night (Anna did great again, btw). And I was right. He was a little sad when I left him, but was holding it together. I got Allie settled in her Ballet class and managed about 8 minutes on the treadmill before Lisa came and got me. My poor little man. He was trying his best not to cry, but he just couldn't help it. The sobs were coming from deep down. Tears were streaming down his face and his bottom lip was quivering. I calmed him down and showed him where I was, but it didn't work. I ended up spending Allie's ballet hour with Caden in the playroom chatting with the workers. I'll try again next week when Allie can be with him.

Friday, Dan was off so I went to te gym by myself. I love my Friday morning class, but it's a little scary. It's an interval class - switching between free weights and step. I'm fine with the weights, but the teacher moves so fast through the step moves. It's not just step on, step off. Every move is very complicated. I actually asked Janine a few weeks ago about a basic step class so I can learn the steps more slowly. So anyway, in the middle of "around the world lunges" I stepped onto the edge of the step instead of the middle. My ankle rolled and popped and I fell flat on my bottom. How embarrassing! I know it happens all the time, but to have everyone's attention - not fun. My ankle didn't swell or bruise immediately, but I noticed it was a little swollen last night. I'm taking advil 3 times a day and hopefully, it'll be okay by Tuesday so I can get back to the gym with Allie in the playroom with Caden.

No comments:

Post a Comment