Me! Friday was an early release day. I knew it when Jaelyn went to school. I reminded her she was getting out early and I'd see her at 1:00 as she walked out the door. Well....I have the short-term memory of a peanut so you can guess how well that worked. Dan was off yesterday for the holiday weekend so after lunch, the four of us piled into the van to run errands. We got home around 1:40. As I'm walking around the van to get Caden out, movement across the street catches me eye. The person looks familiar but it literally took a second to comprehend that it was Jaelyn running towards me from Miss Angie's house. I immediately started running through reasons why Jaelyn would be at Miss Angie's house instead of school and then it dawned on me that she got out early. It was one of those V-8 bonk yourself in the head type of moments. Thankfully another mom grabbed Jaelyn from the bus stop and then Angie (who also forgot so I shouldn't feel too badly - but at least she was home) saw them and took Jaelyn home with her. Jaelyn had fun playing with Angie's kids, Brianna and Mark, so she wasn't too upset that I forgot.
So, Mom, I guess I need to stop giving you a hard time about forgetting me in high school and having to have Mr. Millstead drive me home, huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment