Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Fabulous Five - Not so Fabulous Check-up
Poor Allie. She had her 5 year old well child check up today. The appt started off badly by having to sit for 30 minutes while we watched child after child go in ahead of us. I finally asked the receptionist and she said there was one person in front of us...lie. We got called back immediately and in the course of our conversation, Dr. Falcon told me she'd been sitting at her desk waiting for us. She thought we were late. The receptionist messed up and then lied about it - arggh. I LOVE Dr. Falcon so I'll deal with that. Allie is 42 inches and 40 lbs. We found 2 new issues: a very slight scoliosis that'll require a referral to a orthopedist and then Allie failed part of her vision exam. We aren't too concerned about the eyes and will retest in 6 months. I haven't noticed any issues with her eyes and they did the exam AFTER they gave her 4 shots. I felt so horrible. Allie does not like shots and she got so upset that she had Caden practically in tears. She was petrified and screamed and screamed, begging me to take her home. I have orders for bloodwork but skipped it for today so I could pick up a prescription for numbing cream so maybe that won't be so traumatic. At least the good news is she won't need any new shots until she is 11. Boy, am I glad that's over!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment