Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sewing

Skinny Minny is the hardest child to buy cloths for.  Things have to fit a certain way and nothing feels right.  (On a side note, we have a sensory evaluation on Friday) It doesn't help that her waist is the size of a 5 year old, but the rest of her is the size of an 8 year old.  Two years ago, I made her shorts out of frustration.  It was easier than endless shopping that resulted in zero purchases after trying on 158 pairs of shorts (and pants are even worse because of the length issue).  I have a handy dandy new sewing machine that is AWESOME so I decided to make her shorts again.  She picked out the material, plain denim and denim with polka dots, don't want to get too wild.  She also actually sewed everything herself except the waist and hem.  She was impressed, I was impressed and the sewing machine didn't lock up a single time requiring me to say a string of bad words (the only time I say bad words - never again with my new AWESOME sewing machine - yes, my husband is wonderful).


I really thought we'd solved Skinny Minny's issues...until she put the shorts on.  She's gone from wearing pants above her belly button to on her hips (as long as she has on the correct pair of underwear - insert eye roll) and from loose fitting things that don't touch her to skinny jeans.  So...the shorts pattern we picked out are loose and at her waist and "they don't feel right."  THREE pairs of shorts.  HOURS of her and my time.  Congratulations Allie.  You have 3 more pairs of shorts to add to the over-flowing drawer you already have and Jaelyn is still at four pairs that she will wear.  I think I'll give up and do laundry more often!!!!


My mom always sewed custom tags into everything she made.  I made custom tags for the shorts, mainly to tell the front from the back.  LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment