Introducing the newest Second (Caden), Fourth (Allie) and Fifth (Jae) in the family; although Jae says she won't be a fifth grader until she starts school in September.
To celebrate our freedom, who pulled on our bathing suits and heading back to the Roubidoux Creek. I called it a river another day. I found a sign that called it a creek instead. It looks more like a creek, but Roubidoux River has a much better ring to it, don't you think?
The highlight of this visit was finding crawdads or crayfish or mudbugs depending on where you are from. They were tiny. We were quietly laughing at a family there catching them to eat for dinner. They needed to catch about 300 or have a lot of side dishes to fill up a family that size.
This picture is like I Spy - there are 2 - can you find them???
I know I'm not always the most positive about Ft. Leonard Wood, MO, but if you look past the lack of anything to do and lack of shopping, the ticks, the gnats and the poison ivy (Allie), it's a really pretty place.
No comments:
Post a Comment