I can't believe it's finally here. This is the last week of school. As a matter of fact, today is the last full day. Tomorrow, they get out at 12:30 and we are done! Wahoo!
Monday, in an attempt to get well, I cleaned my house from top to bottom. Every time I bent over I thought my head was going to explode from the pressure but it was worth it. I cleaned the fans, a/c vent, bathroom exhaust, and blinds. I dusted and vacuumed and mopped and changed the sheets on the beds. My vacuum was so packed full of junk, but it was worth it because on Tuesday, for the first time in 6 weeks, I woke up without a sinus headache! I'm sure it wasn't just the cleaning because I didn't find any mildew or mold or anything like that growing. I'm sure it had more to do with the fact that I've increased my nasal rinse solution to three packets from one and that whatever grass has been blooming is done. My doctor said memorial day is usually the end of this round of allergies and I think she's right. I'm just praying round two isn't about to start.
Tuesday, all the kids had field trips. I walked with the first grade to the bowling alley. The kids had a good time bowling. Caden scored a 103 on his first game, which was an all time high. He bowled 4 spares and was very proud of himself. After the bowling, we had a picnic lunch at a nearby pavilion and then the kids played on a playground before walking back to school. Caden got a little nauseous while he was playing so we hitched a ride back with a parent that drove.
The third and fourth grade classes went to Happy Hollow for nature activities and a cook-out. Dan spent some time there and said it was very well organized (I was worried about so many kids and the water). Of course, Allie was one of just a handful of kids that fell totally in the water they were wading in knee high and had to change into her spare outfit (insert eye roll and head shake).
Today, the kids are having a field day. No one asked me to help out so after my walk, I spent the morning grocery shopping and having lunch with Dan (our last alone lunch until September 3rd). The kids are going to be excited by the trail mix I made them for snack...
Did you know you could buy chocolate goldfish or a bottle of those teeny tiny hot chocolate marshmallows? I didn't until today. I should pay more attention when I'm shopping.
Tomorrow afternoon, I've planned a play date with a friend and our slip 'n slides. Should be fun!
Wow!!!!! You guys get out more then 3 weeks earlier then is and start a week later then we do. Jealous!!! I am debating to keep sending my kiddos for the last. 3 1/2 weeks or just take them out now. Glad your feeling a bit better. Sinus tylonal has always helped me if you haven't tried it yet. Hope all is going well. First year sure went by fast. What do you think? Loved it? Hate it? Indifferent? Kiddos still miss there old school?
ReplyDeleteHow is your friend doing btw? She has been ony mind lately.
Kiley
Kiley, do you not remember Kendra (luvsasoldier)? She might have left HP by the time you joined or have you only been on PAI. She never moved over there. I'll work on an update about her later today.
ReplyDelete