I don't like to ask for help. I like to do everything on my own, but today, I am coming to you asking you to help my friend. I know I've shared here and there about Kendra. She's 35 and on April 15, she had a series of strokes. They air lifted her along with her husband from Ft. Wainwright, Alaska to a stroke center in Seattle where she is today slowly recovering. Her sister flew to AK to hold down the fort, but they want very badly to reunite their 3 year old little boy, 6 year old twin girls and 9 year old girl with their Mommy. They are renting a house in Seattle and are flying the kids there. They are looking for any help they can get to purchase plane tickets, not only for the kids, but for the adults who are flying to Alaska and Seattle to transport and take care of the kids. I know I don't usually ask anyone for money, but there is a great need here. If you feel you could help...
Money donations to help with expenses for the family can be sent here:
Money donations to help with expenses for the family can be sent here:
First Baptist North Pole, P.O. Box 55249, North Pole Alaska,99705 and please put notation on the check for Kendra Drummond. They have already set up an account within their church family to allow them to help the family. Thank you all. It is totally amazing how hearts have been touched. So grateful for your love and prayers!
We are also sending cards, encouragement, silly socks with grippers and silk scarves to cover up her trach tube to:
Kendra Drummond
PO Box 10481
Bainbridge Island, WA 98110
You can follow Kendra's recovery on http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/kendradrummond They are calling her the Miracle Girl. According to Scott (who as a radiologist, I know he's peaked at every scan), she shouldn't be able to move anything, but she is. She has good left arm and leg movement and just a few hours after 3 neurologists declared her right arm paralyzed, she started purposefully twitching her right ring finger. Yesterday, her OT detected movement in several muscles on her right side. She has a long road ahead; however, there is so much hope in just how far she'll be able to recover!
Thanks for sharing this need.
ReplyDeleteKelly,
ReplyDeleteI have been sick and still dealing with sick kids so haven't been able to get a check in the mail. Do you know how long the church will accept checks on behalf of Kendra and the family?
I didn't know if this was going to be an ongoing thing to also help out with the added expenses of renting the home, etc. but I really would like to help.
Melany