I'm allergic to Missouri. Have I mentioned that yet? I can't seem to stop coughing. I've been to the doctor and I'm now doing a nasal rinse everyday followed by nasonex spray. I'm taking steroids and zyrtec in the morning and singulair at night. Today is day 5 of this regimen and I've only had a couple of coughing spells today compared to coughing constantly yesterday.
I've taken advantage of feeling better. I've gotten my entire house cleaned up today. I folded and put away laundry. I prepped dinner and made oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for the kids (shhh, don't tell them about the whole wheat flour). Gracie is at the groomer. It's quiet here. I love it. Of course, I have exactly 30 minutes of peace and quiet to sit and enjoy before I leave to pick up the kids and the dog and our weekend begins. Dan is on his way home from D.C. He should be home around dinnertime.
While I was in Seattle, Jaelyn went to a district wide track meet of 4th and 5th graders. She got to pick 3 events to compete in. She chose the long jump and the 50 and 100 meter dashes. She didn't place in the races, but she came in 3rd overall in the long jump. She said that she was able to get a running start and that everyone was shocked she did so well because she's sooo short (5th percentile y'all).
Allie and Caden also got awards at school last week. They were recognized as student of the month for their classes. The word of the month was accountability.
I missed the school volunteer banquet; although I'm not sure I would have gone if I had been home. Caden brought me home a certificate and a bronze Presidential Volunteer Service Pin. I logged 158 volunteer hours this year. I'm pretty proud of that and I'm thankful that Dan is a good provider for our family so that I can be so involved with the kids at school. It brings me a lot of joy to be a part of their world....so much so, that I'm thinking about subbing at their school next year. If I'm going to be there, it would be nice to get paid. We'll see!

I am pretty sure I have said this before, but Kelly, you are my hero!!
ReplyDeleteI have loved subbing at my kids school. It is so convenient! No child care worries and when you can teach your kid's class you get a pretty good insight as to what is really going on. Mind you, with that many volunteer hours, you probably have that anyway. But getting paid is always good!
ReplyDelete