Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Hard Way...Lesson Learned

Allie isn't into listening to us.  She pretty much does what she wants to do within reason.  This week, unfortunately, she learned a lesson the hard and painful way.  On Thursday morning, Allie had a scratch on her cheek....well, I THOUGHT it was a scratch anyway.  Thursday afternoon, she came home looking like this...


After a thorough questioning, I learned that Allie has intentionally been playing in the poison ivy that's at the edge of the woods behind our house.  She even said she "fanned her face with it."  We hightailed it to Walmart for some poison ivy cleanser and caladryl.

Friday morning, she woke up with whelps on both sides of her face, behind her ears, down her neck...you get the picture.  I called the doctor.  Dan said caladryl was the best thing, but because it's on her face, I wanted something more.  They said to bring her in and gave her an oral steroid to take as well.  Today, it's on the inside of one arm and she has a few spots on her legs.  I sure hope Allie has learned the "don't play in poison ivy lesson" well this time.

3 comments:

  1. Oh poor, poor thing. Let's hope her next lesson is not quite so painful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi jJae, I think it's great that you are learning to sew. There are just a few tailoring techniques that you probably need to learn. See you very soon. Baba

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Allie, I have a new rule for you! Leaves of three, let it be. I sure hope that's all gone by the time I get there next Monday love Baba

    ReplyDelete