Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

This and That

Last week was a fun week.  Monday, the kids had a slumber party at Grandmother's house and the my parents and I went to see Harry Potter.  Tuesday, we spent the day with the Beatles.  I forgot my camera, so would you share, Jen?  We had lunch at a Mexican restaurant for Brody's birthday.  Of course, my kids ate a cheeseburger and hot dog.  Allie did order a taco, but the taco touched her refried beans and she wouldn't eat it.  After lunch, we headed to the TT Wentworth Museum to play on the top floor.  They had a Play Nazi on duty.  "Don't move this.  Don't do that."  It's a play area for goodness sake.  Anyway, we still had fun and then we found a couple of geocaches to wrap up the day.

Wednesday and Thursday were demolition days.  I was rewarded with a steak at Coach N Four (Yum).  I'm pretty cheap labor.  Today, the kids will be "playing" car wash.  It's time to start prepping for our trip to Missouri.  I've decided we are going to leave on Saturday.  One more week!!!

I have a 1 bedroom hotel suite reserved until the 17th.  Something big must be going on in Missouri because that's all I could find.  After the 17th, I have no idea what we are going to do.  I found a couple of 1 and 2 bedroom furnished apartments for monthly rent in Rolla that I'm going to call about on Monday.  I like the idea of short term rental while we wait for a house on base.  I don't want to have to break a long lease and lose a security deposit and I don't want to have to move in twice.  I just wish I knew how long the wait will be.  Joan and my Mom have both suggested knocking on doors when we got to Missouri and telling people we need them to move :)

As far as housing on base, I talked to the housing office last week.  No one has given notice on a 4 bedroom major's house.  The reason we moved up the list is that they placed all the LTCs they put ahead of us and the majors on the list took off post housing.  There are some renovated captain's houses in the works, but those will be offered to captains first (and the list is kind of long) before they'll offer them to us.  It seems kind of unfair since they bumped us for LTCs.  Don't you think they should bump captains for us?

1 comment:

  1. I think you should leave your car and take ya Mom & Dad's motor home>

    ReplyDelete