Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Out of Whack Allie

Allie was so out of whack today.  Yesterday was Jaelyn's turn, so I guess Allie deserves a day every now and then too.

It started out well.  The kids watched TV, had breakfast and played.  Jaelyn was up some last night, but made up for it by sleeping till 9:00 (an all time record).  We ate lunch and then headed to Uncle Nathan and Aunt Cathy's house to swim in their pool with Grandmother.  We had fun for the most part.


Caden practicing his Tae Kwon Do jump
Allie's dive is beautiful...legs straight, toes pointed.  We just need to work on tucking her head.

I'm not sure what set her off, but Allie got her nose out of joint.  She was out of sorts the rest of the day.


While I was fixing dinner, my mom suggested Allie go lay on her bed and watch a movie to chill out.  She went back there and closed the door.  When my mom checked on her a few short minutes later, she was not happy.  Allie took a pair of scissors out of the vanity drawer and in her words "pretended like she was two."  She cut big slits in the shower curtain (which she will pay for) and then took a snip out of several spots in her hair.

Check out her hair line in the center of her forehead. 

You can see it better here.  It's maybe 1/2" long.  I could seriously hurt her.  Her hair was beautiful.  She also took some length off the sides that I was able to blend in.

I didn't want to cut bangs because I love seeing Allie's pretty face, but I had to cut them to try and hide the bald spot. Allie LOVES the bangs and thinks she looks beautiful!  I really hope her happiness doesn't encourage her to do it again.  I seriously thought she'd outgrown cutting her own hair when she was six.  She's been working so hard trying to grow her hair out.

I don't see it looking at her, but in this picture, all I can think is "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." Do you see it too?

1 comment:

  1. She looks so pleased with herself in the last photo. I am not sure she learned her lesson!lol.

    Sandi

    ReplyDelete