Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

It's Not a Visit to My Parent's House...

if we don't demolish something!

My parent's consider their house a work in progress.  On previous visits, we've helped rip out flooring, sheet rock a laundry room, and repaint a bathroom room.  My mom has wanted her kitchen redone for years.  Two summers ago, we ripped out top cabinets over the bar to help open it up.  They are finally ready to remodel, but weren't sure about removing a small bookcase/wall. On a whim, my mom decided we should take out the wall to see if she'd like it out.  Yes, I think she does recognize the faulty reasoning there.  You don't have to tell me twice.  Once I had permission, I had a pry bar and hammer and was going to work.  Dad brought the mallet and helped me finish the job.  Fun times!!!


Yeah, he wasn't as excited about my mom's whim as I was.

2 comments:

  1. where is the coffee going to go? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consider it warm up for demolishing
    @ the fort in Missouri!!!

    Brussel Sprout lady, she doesn't do
    coffee>>Only us normal folk !!!

    ReplyDelete