Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Roller Skating

My kids are all relatively proficient at ice skating, but we've never been roller skating.  We went yesterday with the Beatles.  We had a blast.



I love seeing my kids personalities coming out when they learn something new.  Jaelyn refused to hold anyone's hand.  She slowly went around and around the outside of the rink, holding onto the wall.  Evenually she worked her way out from the wall and could skate very slowly on her own.  She did hit the floor several times.  Jennifer kept telling her to keep her legs together because invariably, she ended up in a split.


Allie was gung ho, but she' wouldn't listen to us.  Jennifer's oldest daughter Cassidy held one hand while I help the other.  She hit the floor more than anyone.  After a bad fall where I ended up on top of her with her roller skate in my stomach and floor burn on my knee, I finally figured out to let go and just let her fall.  It didn't stop her in the least.  She declared yesterday "THE BEST DAY EVER."

Check out Jae in the background...she had the best time falling.



The kids with the awesome Cassidy


Caden went back and forth between walkers, turning wheels and walkers. He decided he liked wheels that didn't turn the best so his legs were pretty tired at the end of the evening.  He particularly enjoyed pulling me around on my roller skates.

No comments:

Post a Comment