
My friend, Krissy, invited us over to dinner Monday night. She called a few days beforehand to see if we liked crabs and was SHOCKED when I admitted we had not had the Maryland staple blue crab. I think it might be blasphemous that we've lived here 4 years without eating them. They fixed us what they called Maryland Surf and Turf: blue crabs (boiled with old bay seasoning) and pit beef.
Ben patiently gave us lessons in how to crab them open and get to the meat. It was hard and extremely messy work. I managed two crabs before I couldn't stand the mess on my hands anymore : ). They were good though. Dan really enjoyed them and the kids enjoyed their hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.
Honestly, the kids weren't too interested in the food as Krissy had about ten new baby chicks. I wouldn't be surprised if I start hearing "can we have chickens, Mommy?"
It was a hot day. Jaelyn is experimenting with new hair styles to keep cool. This one seems to be a favorite.
Caden had a great time playing with his best friend, Nathan. Nathan told Krissy "I know they are moving away, but they are moving back, right?" Ughhh....moving is so hard on kids. Nathan and Caden have been best buds since they were in preschool. We'll miss him.
We ate blue crab when we lived in Maryland. They were served on the table on brown paper. I probably would have eaten hot dogs and mac and cheese if given a choice. I think the view from the restaurant over the water was nice though.
ReplyDelete