Dan had a guy's night out last week with a few of his friends from work. I thought it was only fair that I should have a night out too - and I've been really needing it. Last night, my friend, Angie, and I did just that. Angie's husband and Dan watched the kids while we escaped for an evening of girl talk over an awesome grouper dinner at Bonefish Grill (if you've never eaten there, I can now highly recommend it - it's pricey though). After dinner, we went to see Enchanted (another recommendation - you must go see it if you haven't yet.). I don't think I've enjoyed a movie that much in a long time. I want to take the girls back because they will just love the whole "girl searching for her prince" thing. Maybe it'll be a fun girls' day out with mommy when we are in Pensacola.
Almost as good as the relaxing night (or mom-date as my friend Jenn calls it) was getting home to a quiet house with children tucked snuggly in their beds. Dan and the kids also had a wonderful time. This morning as we snuggled in bed, Allie and Jaelyn told me all about it. They had pizza for dinner and played uno and hide and seek. They rolled each other in a barrel - a regular basement game - and simply wore each other out.
Yesterday was a big day, as well as the evening playdate, we also had a morning playdate and Allie had a Christmas play and party at her preschool (more on that in another post).
No comments:
Post a Comment