Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Fishing and Other Ramblings

My shingles still hurt, but not like crazy like they did and I have no new break-outs. The medicine is working, I just wish it would work faster.
I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping. We are making candles for a few people and I still have a few little friends to buy for, but I have my family, everyone in Pensacola and all of the January birthdays purchased. It feels good to have it done. Now, I need to get to wrapping for the kids and then decide if I want to ship extended family gifts home or carry them on the plane. Decisions, decisions...

I am excited about going home and seeing family. It's been 9 months since we've been home. I'm also excited about our spa day with Jennifer and Rich. We'll drive to Destin in the morning, have lunch at this cute little deli, spent 3-4 hours of pampering at the spa (I'm getting a 50 minute massage and a 30 minute facial - so you can be jealous), and then we'll have dinner, seafood most likely, before driving back to Pensacola. It's going to be soooo much fun.

My sweet little Caden is getting into mischief today. I was in the basement doing laundry. While I was gone, he pushed the HEAVY bench from the table to the kitchen counter (had to move a chair out of the way as well). Climbed up, reached around the fish tank to get the net, then spent who knows how long "fishing" for rocks in the bottom of the tank. The poor fish were petrified in the corner. He uprooted all the plants, but he did manage to snag 3 shiny rocks, which I immediately made him put back. He also managed to soak a pile of important papers. Silly boy! I asked him after nap what he was fishing for. His reply "I was fishing for fishies, Mommy!" in the sweetest little voice you've ever heard. How can you be mad at that?



Caden is doing great in his big boy bed. He wanted me to share a picture with all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment