Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Medieval Times






We had a nice Thanksgiving, although it didn't feel like Thanksgiving at all without the food or family. Medieval Times was great. The kids had so much fun. Little Caden even cheered on our knight. I heard him saying "go green go" and "go green, you can do it." It was so cute. Our Knight actually won the tournament, but then he was killed by the bad Knight. How sad! Allie enjoyed her dinner. Caden even dipped his garlic bread in his soup to eat it. He wouldn't eat the chicken or the potato, but did eat the apple turnover. He actually licked out the filling and then made a ring of the turnover and ate it off his finger. Oh well! At least he ate. Jaelyn only ate her bread, but she was very happy anyway because she caught one of the flowers our knight threw into the bleachers. Allie kept asking "where's my flower?" We found a McDonald's drive-through open on the way home to get the hungry kids dinner. Bedtime was awesome tonight. They all fell asleep in the car and I managed to carry them in, change them and get them to bed without waking them up. I haven't seen any sword fighting or jousting this morning and for that I'm thankful.



Dan's off buying Caden a new mattress right now. I bought his bed frame from IKEA this morning when I went to the doctor (more to follow on that). We'll put his new bed together after his nap and our big guy will be sleeping a big boy bed at bedtime. No more criby.

About me...I woke up Tuesday morning with a stuff neck, throbbing ear and little red bumps. The rash got worse over the last few days and continued to be very painful. I went to the doctor today and I have shingles on my neck, in my hair, around my ear and running down my jaw line. Yuck! It hurts. He gave me valtrex which is supposed to stop it in it's tracks. I hope so. I'm so thankful we have good insurance. The medicine would have been $300 without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment