Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cookie Exchange

The room mom for Allie's preschool organized a cookie exchange for yesterday. I was excited to go and have a chance to sit and talk with the other moms. They all know each other (smallish church) and other than a hi and a wave in passing, I haven't gotten to know any of them. I think I'm feeling like I need a few more local friends. Anyway, so, I spent several hours on Sunday baking oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to take. I dropped Allie off at preschool yesterday and Caden and I headed to Robin's house. I was disappointed to see only 1 other mom showed up (I would have been more disappointed if I had been Robin). I was a little apprehensive, but I ended up having a wonderful time visiting with the other 2 moms. I think I'm not getting out enough. I find myself craving that "me" time and getting stressed very easily when I haven't gotten any breaks from the kids - which is often - sorry Dan, he gets the brunt of it. Caden also had a wonderful time. Robin has a little boy who is 2 months younger than Caden, and who'll be in Caden's preschool class next year. The boys played so well together with cars and transformers. Caden spends so much time playing with the girls. It was good to see him having some "boy" time!

No comments:

Post a Comment