Today is Gotcha Day! 4 years ago Dan and I were standing in front of a Russian judge petitioning her to let us adopt Jaelyn and Allie. I am amazed when I contemplate everything that has happened in 4 years: Moving, Caden, Moving, Dan deploying, Moving, Moving, Moving...Through it all, Jaelyn and Allie have grown from babies to beautiful, smart little girls.
We haven't done too much today. Caden is napping now and when he wakes up, we'll make our Gingerbread House and tell the girls their adoption story or "baby story" as Allie calls it. In the meantime, we've been amusing ourselves with a game of Monopoly Jr. Allie continues to amaze me with her luck at games. She almost always wins no matter what we play. Today, after a 40 minute game (that I honestly though would never end), Jaelyn was out of money, I had $11 and little Miss money bags Allie had $79. It wasn't pretty as Jaelyn is about as poor a loser as I am and for those that have seen me, you know that can be pretty bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment