Pages

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Big Ninety

I just realized today is a big day and then I jumped up and down and squealed while Dan and Jaelyn looked at me like I was crazy (well, let's be honest, I probably am a tad bit crazy).  When we started school in September, I never thought I'd make it a month.  There was a day I literally got in the car and drove away sobbing to get space between me and Jae.  She's driven me absolutely batty, but it's also been a joy to watch her grow and learn and want to learn more.  Yesterday afternoon, when she could have been doing anything she wanted, she brought me the chapter book we've been reading and asked if I'd read with her.  This is a girl who HATES to read.  Anyway, back to the title.  Kids go to school 180 days a year.  Today is Jaelyn's 90th day of school - hump day for the school year - and I have no doubt we'll make it to the end.  I think we might deserve a ride on a camel or at least a visit to the cupcakery to celebrate!


1 comment:

  1. Hump day...unless you happen to have a straggler that won't do her math and you are facing summer school....!

    ReplyDelete