Allie tends to be like a bull in a china shop for many activities. Teaching her to ride a bike made me swear I would not teach her to drive. While Jaelyn showed interest in sewing, Allie never has. She never had until recently, that is. With a lot of trepidation over breaking my recently repaired sewing machine, I helped her make a bag today. I was happily surprised at how focused she was. She listened and watched while I demonstrated. It was impressive, especially since it was late afternoon when her medicine had worn off. She made a very basic grocery sack style bag. I'd say she did 95% of the sewing.
As if sewing wasn't enough, I also let Allie wield a can of spray paint today. That's seriously scary. My mother in law gave me a mirror that used to hang over Dan's Grandpa's dresser. It's beautiful, solid wood, and heavy. Can you believe we spray painted it? I'm nuts, but Allie wanted a mirror for her room and Joan said I could take it and paint it. It turned out really well and I imagine she'll spend hours primping in front of it in the years to come.
Way to go Allie! I think I recognize your choice of fabric.
ReplyDeleteYes, you gave us several yards of it.
DeleteAwesome!
ReplyDelete