Our weather is seriously bi-polar and it's finally caught up with me. Yesterday, I stayed on the couch all day and only got up when Jaelyn needed help with something. I honestly didn't care if she did school or not. Dan has no class today; so I'm taking the whole day off. As far as I know, Jaelyn did her school work and then the two of them went off shopping. Zac and Gracie have been snuggled up in bed with me most of the day.
Jaelyn has such a giving heart. I really hope she can harness that and use it for good as she grows up. She can be so mean sometimes to her siblings. Anyway, she brought me back a charm pack of fat quarters. Sweet girl, I'm telling you. We decided to make a baby quilt with them to put on etsy to see how long it takes to sell.
We are trying to take Jae off her ADHD medicine now that we are very settled into our school routine. We've stepped down the dose for a week now. We have 3 more days to go before she's totally off it. I can see her fuse getting shorter unfortunately. We'll give it a few weeks, but from what I've seen already, I'd say the medicine was helping a lot with her control. I just want her to grow. She's so tiny and the medicine curbs her appetite.
Jaelyn played two pieces in a piano festival last weekend. She earned superiors on both of her pieces. I peaked on Allie practicing her violin the other day. She's getting a lot better. I was impressed. She says she wants to keep taking violin lessons next year. Caden got his recorder yesterday for music class. He's a little miffed at me because I won't let him play it unless he's in his room. Seriously, though, my head feels like it's going to explode. I don't need high pitched squeaking. Next year, Caden thinks he might want to take guitar lessons.
We hit our 100th day of school on Tuesday. I feel so triumphant. I never thought we'd persevere this far and then decide to bring the other two home next year. Crazy. I still worry that she isn't learning as much as she should or would in school, but that's one of the things I have to let go. She is learning and even better she's learning on her own. I've seen so much self motivated learning lately. Her reading is also improving. Actually, she swiped the chapter book we are reading "Tuck Everlasting" and read it after lights out for 30 extra minutes.
I hope you feel better soon. Wish I was near si I could help you! Mom
ReplyDeleteYou can do it. Check out a Switched on Schoolhouse....
ReplyDelete