Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Our Next Move Will Be Upon Us Soon

All of our military moves have been hundreds of miles apart.  Not this time.  This summer, we'll be moving to Charlottesville, VA.  It's a two hour drive from our current house.  We made a little road trip this weekend to check out the town and housing.  It was a pretty drive.  It looks like hiking will be in our future.  Dan really wants to take the kids on an overnight hike.  We shall see...



Dan will be stationed at a facility north of town.  This is the first time we won't be near a military base.  We found a mix of houses, but very little for sale or rent.  We are hoping that'll increase once it warms up or we might end up having to buy.  We made the mistake of going into a model home that was way over our budget and absolutely beautiful.  Dan even commented that we shouldn't have done it.  I have a friend with military connections in the area who will keep an eye out for us.  I've decided to homeschool all 3 kids next year.  It was nice not having to compare areas to school ratings.

After checking out the housing, we drove to a trail near Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home.  We had a great time walking on the trail.  Last weekend was weird.  The kids were in short sleeve shorts and even shorts some with snow on the ground.








All in all, it was a great day.  I've been anxious about our upcoming move; so it was good to check it out.  I'm excited to get our orders (next moth or so) so we can start making plans in earnest.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh girl...even I have trouble keeping up with you....we are getting to old to do this ;)

    ReplyDelete