I finished the kids' project last week and I couldn't be happier. Well, there's a few things I would do differently, but it has nothing to do with their part and all to do with mine. I bought some really cool (and super duper expensive) variegated rayon thread and I'm in love. It worked great to do the writing on the quilt. I would LOVE to do a whole quilt with nothing but quilted words.




Do you have a special machine that does works and the patterns?
ReplyDeleteHi Kiley,
ReplyDeleteI just have a regular sewing machine; although Jae drools on the embroidery machine anytime we go to our local sewing center. I just google whatever animal silhouette we want to get the patterns, and then do a zig zap stitch around them. I had the kids do straight line stitching around their animals because Allie and Caden had never sewn before. I also have a free motion foot for my machine. You just drop the feed dogs down and go for it. I have really enjoyed it. I'm shopping for a mid-arm machine so I can do bigger quilts.
You do the words the same way on a regular machine? I will have to try it. My sewing machine I love but it's as basic as they come
ReplyDelete