I needed a present for a little girl's birthday so I thought I'd try something I'd seen on Pinterest. This was only a Pinterest semi-success. I used a pair of Caden's old jeans and turned them into a ruffley girlie purse. Just FYI, rivets and sewing machine needles don't play well together.
Allie was off yesterday; so I decided to spend some extra time with her today. As the typical middle child who is fine spending hours by herself playing with her dolls, she gets over looked a lot. Definitely something I need to pay more attention to. Anyway, she's still asking to sew. I showed her how I made the material for the cat in her quilt and taught her how to do a very basic appliqué. Her cat turned out so well that I decided to do the same project with Caden and asked Jaelyn to make it on her own. Caden loved the project. I'm going to turn their little quilts into a wall hanging for me. We'll call it an early Mother's Day present.

You have turned into quite the seamstress as has you little band of crafters!
ReplyDelete