These kids are growing too fast. I was hoping to put off new bikes until Christmas or next summer, but the girls bikes are just too small. Technically, I guess I should say the girls are just too big as the bikes are the same size as when we bought them 3? summers ago. Jaelyn's tire developed a flat over the move and the wheel itself was bald (the girls learned her to skid sideways on their bikes before we moved). We couldn't find a new wheel or the right size innertube, with all the shopping choices even. It didn't seem fair to buy Jaelyn a new bigger bike when Allie is a lot bigger than Jae so we bought two new bikes. Jaelyn's is a 21 speed and Allie's is 18. I took them up to the school today to ride around in big circles to practice shifting. It wasn't quite as bad as taking off the training wheels, but it was close. Who knew changing gears would be so complicated? I guess that's why it's worth it to pay a little bit more and get a nice bike, but when you are buying two, $300 bikes are just out of the budget.
I ordered all of Jaelyn's homeschool materials. It's started trickling in. I'm getting more excited as the pile grows, but I think she's getting less. I love my new planner book I picked up the other day. I need to sharpen a few #2 pencils to sit beside it ;). Kidding. Anyway, she wanted to start so I gave her the math and language arts pre-tests. It wasn't an hour and she'd had enough. She won't be doing school again until September 3rd. Ha! I don't think she's realized homeschool would be real school. I know some people unschool, but I come from an education background. Our homeschool experience is going to be very school-like. I mailed in her intent to homeschool form and I've joined a local homeschool group.
Dan's been home with us since he out processed at FLW. We have 4 more days until he starts his orientation. I am excited to get into our routine. Next week, I want to focus on getting kids registered for activities. I've found several dance studios. One also has a kids drama program. I think Allie would love that. Dan wants Caden to try out Jujitsu. I'm leaning more towards a Tae Kwon Do club that meets at the school once a week. We have a couple of options for gymnastics for Jaelyn. We'll have to try a class at each and find a good fit. She also wants to take piano lessons.
We are still working on getting the house how we want it; although I'm not doing too much more. I'm done hanging pictures and curtains. I am even going to try to live with the crazy closets. Why organize when it's going to be boxed up in 11 1/2 months? Is it possible to already have short timer's attitude? I was thinking about making friends this morning so I can have two emergency contacts on the school forms. I need to meet one more person :p. If it wasn't for that, I'm not sure I'd make that much effort.
Gracie has had a good week or so. Her knee has only dislocated once since the movers dropped our stuff. Granted a lot of that time, she was in her crate while I unpacked, but still, one time in 11 days is good. Dan says he can tell she's favoring her leg. I would love to put off her surgery until after the kids start school. There are so many other things to think about.
I'm still trying to get the kids into our new doctor. Dan called and found out where we are assigned (the letters haven't come yet). Unfortunately, they are booked up until Sept 3 and the kids aren't missing their first day of school for doctor's appointments. I do need to get them in as quickly as possible because while our old doctor filled out the physical forms, I didn't get the form giving them permission to take medicine at school. Caden has an inhaler at school and Allie takes a second ADHD dose at lunch. I feel sorry for her afternoon teacher until we can get the form filled out. Anyway, would you pray I can get them cancellations? I'm going to call every morning until the operators are tired of me :). At least we have enough medicine to get everyone until mid-October.
Busy Busy! Ya know, my friends keep moving away one by one,as happens in a military community. Online is about all the grown up interaction I get now a days...
ReplyDelete