Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Over Run With Bicycles

I remember fondly the days when the kids had teeny tiny 12" bikes.  They took hardly any room at all to store.  It seems overnight, we have graduated to almost full grown bikes.  Now that we have a garage, in which Dan gets the prized spot - I might contest that decision as soon as it gets cold, I decided I needed to get our bikes organized.  We've already had one tumble that thankfully only caused minor hand grip rubber transfer to the bottom of a door panel. 

I located plans after a quick search on google.  All we needed was 50 feet of PVC, 34 Ts and 6 elbows :).  We even splurged and bought a PVC cutter - so much better than a hacksaw.

The parts
 

In progress (Dan miscounted the Ts - I think he blamed taking a child with him to the store ;) .)
 

The original plans were for a rack in the back of a truck.  We modified it and spread the tire spaces out, but not enough.  While grown-ups could manage to share the space perfectly fine, kids and handle bars and brake lines all together in a small space don't mix.
 

We doubled the space and now it's great.  It even left room for scooters to be propped up inbetween.  I love it!  Everything in its place!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment