I met Caden's friend last year in their classroom. It took us till the spring to figure out that he lived just a few houses down from us. My kids spent most of the spring playing with him and his little sisters. I only knew their mom from waving to her from the yard and visiting with her while waiting to pick up the kids after school. At the end of the year, S. told us they were moving to DC. I talked to his mom about exchanging contact information so we could get the kids together here. Unfortunately, we never did it. The end of the year was busy. Then they had moved by the time we got back from our vacation. The kids have bugged me ALL summer about finding them. Last week, I found them! It involved an hour scouring our old cell phone records for a text conversation that happened in the winter with a cell phone I didn't recognize. Anyway, we met them today for a trip into the city to the Zoo. It was so exciting!
Click this link to see how much the kids have grown since our last visit Fall of 2010.
The Panda liked his frozen block of goodness.
It was a HOT day...the mister stations were the hit of the zoo.
Miss Kendra - this picture is from Jae to you. Elephant Poop! She thought you'd be excited. :)
Jaelyn told us all about naked mole rats. They are nasty things.
Yeah, he's not that scared of her.
The Panda at the Woodley Park Metro Station. We loved him the first time we visited.
All in all, it was a great day. I can't wait to see our friends again now that we have their number.
No comments:
Post a Comment