Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Friends

Leaving friends is hard.  It's getting even harder as the kids get older.  When we first met our neighbors, I was disappointed to see everyone on our pipestem (that's what the little private drive is called, I've learned) is retired or heading that way quickly with college-age or grown children.  Since then, we've found the kids.  There's a group of 6-7 girls around 4th and 5th grades.  We've found 2 boys who are 7 and 9.  I'm not quite sure about the dynamics of the pack of girls - Dan laughed that I referred to them as a pack, but I maintain that that's what a group of tween-aged girls is.  After observing them a short time, I can smell the drama that I'm sure will engulf Allie before too long.  We've also met a 9ish year old girl who seems very nice and is not a part of the pack.  She's close-by.  Her house is at the top of the pipestem.  Jaelyn seems to enjoy visiting with her. They exchanged emails and were texting each other last night. She reminds me of her friend, Carlee, from FLW.  I'm not sure how the friendships will form, but I'm glad to see options.  The kids already seem happier.  I don't think I've heard the dreaded "bored" word for a few days.  One of the moms brought us bread (Air Force wife, military families know how to welcome new neighbors!) and I had the chance to visit with her at the pool yesterday.  Slowly, but surely, we'll make friends and find our niche and then...it'll be time to pack and move on!  Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment