Jaelyn's friend Isabella and her family invited us on a picnic today. The girls were talking to moms and arranging it through texts. Next time, I'll call the mom. We were there for the picnic on time. They apparently were there an hour and a half later. We actually had so much fun as a family that I'm glad we didn't meet them.
I brought two Frisbees with us and we had the best time. It's been a while, but all of the kids are pretty good. We didn't have to do too much chasing. I love Allie's expression the first time she caught it on her arm (btw, I love these Frisbees with the hole in the middle. I had to hunt online when are original one got messed up.)
Dan showed off, of course. I used to be able to do this. Try as I might, I couldn't catch one under my leg. I blame the sandals I was wearing!
Caden tried hard, but I don't think he caught one under his leg either.
She's a beautiful Frisbee ballerina. Look at her back leg and her hand position LOL.
Photo Bomb!
Jaelyn was being such a monkey every time I turned the camera her way.
We had a great game of Monkey in the Middle.
On the way out, we stopped for a Geocache. This is a brick kiln (because they made bricks in it, not because it's made out of bricks). There was a nearby prison and the women suffragettes would fire the bricks here. Talk about hard labor!
This cache was well hidden inside one of the "windows." Can you see it? Dan could barely reach it. If it had just been me and the kids, we wouldn't have gotten it.
We were all hot and sweaty after chasing Frisbees for an hour. We finished off our afternoon with Rita's (hence the video earlier). I love being close to stuff again and also being in a new area with new places to explore. We can do something different every weekend we live here and still not run out.
Fun park day!
ReplyDelete