Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

Welcome 2013! Honestly, I'd rather stay in 2012 because 2013 is going to bring many changes to our little family. You all know how I feel about change. I know it's time to start my "moving research," but I just can't make myself do it yet.

Today has been a quiet home body sort of day. It's freezing cold outside and yesterday's small amount of snow has turned to ice. The kids only spent a small amount of time playing outside.

Jaelyn and I started on a project today. We started with my favorite grocery bags and a shower curtain my mom gave us (it came from my grandma's guest bathroom which makes the fabric special, although I'm not sure Grandma Molly would approve of me putting my groceries in something that came out of her bathroom :)

 
We set my sewing machine up on the dining room table and Jaelyn's new sewing machine up on the craft table. I made the pattern, she cut out the material and then learned to pin without poking herself. She did the bulk of the main seam sewing and I did all of the finishing work.
 
 
We had quite the assembly line going. When we were done we had 4 regular sized bags and 1 a little bit smaller out of the left over fabric.
 
 


They almost make me want to go grocery shopping :).

We only have one New Years Day tradition. For the 17th year, we had pizza for lunch. It's worked well for us so far! Happy New Year!putting my groceries in something that came out of her bathroom :)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. We burn our bags here, so I always ask for paper. They make the best kindling.

    ReplyDelete