Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Crafting

I have caught the crafting bug.  Well, actually it hit before Christmas with knitting scarves and then discovering a knitting loom.  A friend has started quilting.  She inspired me to learn to machine quilt.  I pieced together two small doll bed quilts to give it a try last weekend, but when I pulled out my sewing machine, I discovered that I don't have the quilting foot I need.  I ordered it on Monday and it just shipped yesterday.  I can't wait to get it.  In the meantime, I've been helping Jaelyn sew an American Girl doll dress.  I bought her a very simple kit for Christmas.  She's sewn the top, just has to finish the skirt.  Jae's first project was the big girl bag to match.


Next up was tie dying.  Jaelyn has been working hard on her science fair project.  The title is Dyeing to Know, Which Dyes Better:  Natural or Synthetic Fabrics.  I tie dyed a couple of shirts for her to choose from to wear to the science fair.
 

Last night, I had nothing to do; so I picked up a kid's craft book we'd checked out from the library and retaught myself how to crochet.  It's been about 30 years give or take a few ;).  I had to pull it out about 4 times before I figured out what I was doing.  It was just like riding a bike.  I guess that muscle memory lasts a long time :).  I made Jaelyn this little pouch that'll probably fall apart quickly.  I wove some of the ends, but just tied off and cut some others.  It was late and I was tired and definitely not thinking about what would happen with the ends that weren't woven in.  Oh well.
 

Today, I crocheted Allie a flower for her hair.  She wasn't around so Gracie modeled it for you.  Cuteness!
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I just can't seem to get the hang of chrocet...maybe when my hand works better I will try it again...the top purse is so cute. My girls would love it!

    ReplyDelete