We started off with the Wild Wind Tornado Tube. For two minutes, anyone who dared to get in got blown by 78 mph winds. It was crazy!
They had a whole section on the body with all sorts of tests where you could test things like grip strength, reaction time and flexibility.
This bike was kind of cool. The skeleton moved with you on the bike so you could see the bones and ligaments as they moved.
Upstairs was all hands on discovery type stuff. Jae and I had fun building this marble maze.
Birds have to work hard to fly as I learned in the wind tunnel.
My highlight of the day was Tonks, a 600 lb 7 year old grizzly bear. All that separated us from him was a little chicken wire and aluminum poles. Jaelyn kept saying as long as she could run faster than the smaller kids around her, she'd be okay. The trainer raised Tonks from a 6 week old cub and had him performing tricks just like I do with Gracie only his favorite treat was a marshmallow on a stick. For $5 we could have fed Tonks a marshmallow ourselves, but I had to draw the line somewhere. Tonks also guzzled a 3 liter mountain dew like nothing I've ever seen.
The rest of the stuff was stuff we'd seen in other science museums, but that didn't stop us from having playing.
A summary of our day!
No comments:
Post a Comment