Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

"Mommy, are you...?"

"Mommy, are you Santa Claus?"  Jaelyn asked me this question last year.  Instead of answering, I asked her what she thought about Santa.  She thought he was real; so I told her as long as she believed, Santa would still bring her presents. I did not confirm or deny. Last weekend, she asked out of the blue if I was Santa again.  This time when I asked her what she thought, she said "I think you are Santa."  I'm not going to lie to her, so I told her the truth.  "Yes, Mommy and Daddy are Santa Claus."  I talked with her a little about the legend of St. Nick and she promised to not tell her brother and sister.  I left her room noticing she didn't mention the tooth fairy or the easter bunny.  It wasn't an hour later that she called me back to her room to ask about them.  She's one smart cookie!

Speaking of cookies and the tooth fairy...Jaelyn had to go to the dentist the beginning of January to have her last baby tooth pulled.  Jae is growing up too fast!

1 comment:

  1. I made the mistake of leaving a note for my oldests first tooth. She came out of her room screaming "this is your handwriting, you are the tooth fairy" and it completely ruined it for us.

    ReplyDelete